Monday 31 March 2008

flying visit

Took a fleeting flying visit to Wales on Saturday,just to catch up with the folks.

Called with Em & Paul. Lexie was sporting a cracking little bluish/purplish bruise on her cheek where she'd knocked herself on the lounge table - bless her. What with that and a cold to deal with , she was still full of smiles and laughs. And plenty of thankyou kisses too for her new clothes. Little sweetie !
Then dropped into Anna & Si's for a swift visit. Anna appears to have recovered from excessive enjoyment in Cardiff !! But still finding that last Ebay bid very very frustrating !!
Then to Mum's and out for a meal with Dawn, Mum, Mike & J. Fabby steak. The sods got me a birthday cake (not big enough for all my candles !!) and the waitresses forced everyone to sing Happy Birthday to me by switching all the lights in the restaurant off ! Subtle . . . ! I completed my meal with "punky the penguin" - an ice-cream filled plastic punk penguin. Fantastic ! he's on my desk at work watching me now.
Then a shitty drive home in wind and rain, 2 glasses of wine and bed by midnight !

Sunday was shopping, cooking (Kev not me obviously) and ironing (grrrr). I had remembered the clocks springing forward, and still slept til gone 9am.
Back to work - a full 5 days of it !!
Nice weekend though, no matter how brief.

No comments: